Child, youth and families program
This program promotes the development of healthy and active children and youth as well as harmonious parental and family relationships. We offer children, youth and families exciting opportunities including :
- Sustainable communication
- Improving family relationships
- Social support
- Developing new skills and abilities
- Gaining self-confidence
- Contributing to the community
This program offers multiple activities to various age groups:
- Reading groups
- Workshops (puppets, juggling, Homework Club, etc.)
- Multisport program
- Development of leadership skills
- Summer camp
- Skills development workshops (Collective Kitchen, dance, etc.)
- Support and skill development program (Baby Cupboard, Referrals, Parental Skills Workshop)
Playgroups take place from Monday to Friday, from 9:30 to 11:30 am at Rideau-Rockcliffe CRC.
To see the activity calendar, please click here
All activities within the Multisport Program aim to propose fun activities for children and youth living in our community. All the various activities will promote learning, team building, and physical conditioning.
Activities are organized by age group.
Active Children: (6 -12 years old)
- 1 hour of homework support
- 2 hours of learning (run, throw, catch etc.) and playing a variety of sports (soccer, basketball, volley ball, dodgeball etc.)
- From 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Location : Monday at Carson’s Community House / La Cité and on Wednesday and Friday at Manor Park Public School
Active Teens: (13 -17 years old)
- 2 hours of fun sports and activities that promote physical conditioning
- Workshops with experts/athletes on a variety of topics, such as nutrition, physical training, self defense etc.
- Mixed group every Tuesday and boys only every Thursday
- From 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Collège catholique Samuel-Genest