Collective Kitchen 3: Pasta Salad
It's summer time, let's eat fresh at low cost while ensuring your metabolism receives all the nutrients it needs for its proper functionning.
4 cups of cooked pasta (macaroni or fusilli)
1 can of light tuna (170g)
1 cup of Cheddar cheese or Mozzarella cheese (graded or cubbed)
1/4 cup of thinly sliced green onion
1/2 cup of green pepper, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
All purpose salad dressing:
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp of vinegar
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, tuna, cheese, green onion, green pepper and carrot. Mix everything.
- Prepare our salad dressing: mix the oil, garlic, vinegar, suga, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper in a small bowl
- Just before eating, pour dressing over the salad and toss gently. Serve fresh.
Nutrition information per serving:
- Excellent source of vitamin A, folate
- Good source of: vitamin C, vitamin E
- A source of fibre