Collective Kitchen 2: Chili Con Carne
Chili Con Carne
11 lb ground Beef
1 large onion chopped
2 cans (14oz /398ml) kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 to 2tsp chili powder
*Or use about 1 1/2 cups (375ml) cooked dried kidney beans.
1. Turn on stove to medium heat. Cook and stir ground beef in a medium saucepan until the beed is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
2. Stir in onion, beans, tomatoes, chili powder and vinegar. Add salt to taste. Heat to boiling.
3. Turn heat down to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes. Stir chili several times while it cooks.
- Excellent source of: Thiamine, Niacin, Folate, Vitamin B12, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc.
- Good source of riboflavin
-Very high in fibre
*Recipe from: The Basic Shelf Cookbook, First Edition 1994.