Collective Kitchen 1 : Beef, Corn and Potato Casserole
Beed, Corn and Potato Casserole
4 medium potatoes, washed
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp margarine
Salt and pepper
1 can (12oz / 341ml) corn
1. Turn on stove to medium-high heat. Put potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and heat to boiling. Lower heat, cover saucepan and boil potatoes until tender.
2. While potatoes are cooking, turn on another burner to medium heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in a large frypan until beef is browned. Drain off fat. Place meat micture in an 8x8x2-inch (2L) baking dish.
3. Drain potatoes. Put potatoes back in saucepan. Use a potato masher and mash potaatoes with milk and margarine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Turn on overn to 350°F (180°C)
5. Pour corn on top meat. Spread potatoes over corn. Sprinkle lighly with paprika.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Excellent source of :Niacin, Folate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C12, Vitamin D, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc
-High in fibre